Monday, June 13, 2011

(The Real) Panda Express

“I don’t need to order anything, but I was just wondering if you have the panda toy?”-the most intriguing inquiry of the day at the drive thru from a very desperate mom. While I searched through the already pre-packed Happy Meals bags for the toy she was on the hunt for, she informed me that she had tried every single McDonald’s from Tennessee to Gulf Shores for this toy. Her daughter had all of the toys but the panda, and she would not, could not, rest until she completed her collection. Thankfully, our McDonald's was the end of their unique journey, and the Mickey D’s-toy-collecting little girl went home happy as a clam.

Funny thing is, I still remember my own Mom pulling this kind of stunt at McDonald’s many, many years ago. I also recall a story in which my Dad would ride his motorcycle over to a Wendy’s 20 miles away every week to buy my Mom a new Smurf’s collectable glass. Love makes parents/people do some pretty crazy things.

“See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called the children of God! And that is what we are!” -1 John 3:1a

Our parent’s love is incredible, but even their Happy Meal toy-searching love looks tiny in comparison to God’s love for us. In fact, he loved us so much that he gave up his only son to die for each and every one of our sins. Mom and Dad love us so incredibly much, and it is mind-blowing to think about that there is a love greater than even that.

Give up perfect son > Happy Meals toys.


McQuestion 3: Will you accept a love far immeasurable than people are capable of?

1 comment:

  1. Love this! I do this for my son. It is mind blowing to think about how much God loves us. I struggle with that daily. Loving your blog.

    ReplyDelete